VACANCY: PROFESSIONAL FUNDRAISER (5)
Location: Northern Cape Region
Job Type: Independent Contract
Salary: Commission Based
20 August 2018
This is a great opportunity for a Professional Fundraiser to work for Meals on Wheels Community Services Northern Cape. This senior, crucial position requires a person who has a proven level of experience in Fun draising, and has successfully handled various avenues of Communications, Events and Campaigns as part of the portfolio.
You will provide strong leadership and strategic management of all aspects of fundraising, communication and donor activities in regard to the organisation’s overall strategic direction and targets.
- You will be overall responsible to bring in funds in line with the budgetary requirements.
- All external communications, and develop the public profile in all areas of fundraising, visibility and donor management.
- You will ensure that all facets of fundraising avenues are developed and maintained.
- You will be part of and contribute to the Management Team of the organisation, reporting to the Finance Director, and give input into strategic direction and planning.
- Relevant Tertiary Qualification with at least FIVE years’ experience in fundraising and all avenues outlined above.
- Excellent communication ability at all levels of community is essential and a proven record of being able to network within all levels of Government, Corporate Donors, and high net worth individuals, to build collaborative work approaches, will be the essence of the success in this role.
- You will be experienced in all forms of media and social media communication and be able to direct the brand development in terms of materials used for fundraising, promotions, competitions and fundraising events.
- Use of technology such as social networking sites in these areas is essential and you will also have the ability to manage the financial controls and budgets of this department.
- You will keep abreast of local and international fundraising trends and methods, and identify new opportunities for growth and funding development on a continual basis, working closely with the team to ensure that the department is able to keep up the high standards set within this organisation.
- Member of a professional body will be an added advantage.
To be successful in this role, you will be able to work to set targets, strict deadlines and enjoy contributing to a fun, professional working environment. The appointment will be made in accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of MOWCS SA. The Board of MOWCS NC reserves the right to fill the position from the list of applicants OR to appoint an individual who has not applied OR not to fill the vacancy. Only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted soon after the closing date.
Applications with an up-to-date curriculum vitae must be sent to:
- firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 31 August 2018 OR be faxed to: 053 832 9813
- STARTING DATE PREFERRED – ASAP